Feel confident that you are getting the best surf instruction available. I'm like the Captain of the ship. I have over 30 years experience, and when it comes to the ocean, experience counts!
For me, surfing is like riding energy from the sun. It is the only sport I can do for decades and not get bored.
I will be providing you with instruction that I have taught on the college level. Here's just some of what I will teach you in a one or two hour lesson.
Call or Text Matt at 310.467.6898 or email Matt@malibulongboards.com
On Shore Training
- Learn what size surfboard is best for you. Size matters. Click here for more on this subject.
- Learn where and when to surf. Some spots are good in the summer and others in the winter.
- Learn how tides effect the shapes of the waves. Some spots only break on low tide and others on high tide.
- Learn what wetsuit is best for you. Wetsuits have come a long way since the 60's. The proper one will be the one that is warmest and most flexible.
- Learn surfing rules and etiquette. This is a must for every surfer and will help prevent accidents and/or collisions.
In the Water
- Learn how to paddle to the wave and where to paddle from. I'll teach you proper timing. I'll show you what to look for.
- Learn how to paddle out thru waves. Get to where the waves break best.
- Learn which way to go on the wave. Going the wrong way may lead to a wipe out.
- Learn how to put the brakes on your surfboard. Be a safe surfer.
- Learn how to pop up the right way on the surfboard. You'll practice on shore before entering the water.
- Santa Monica
(If your beach is not listed please call for special arrangements)
- I offer both individual and group lessons year round (Group rates are available.).
- I offer one hour and two hour lessons. (I recommend the two hour lessons.)
- I provide free gear, surfboard and wetsuit rental.
- In addition to the formal lesson, you will receive one hour of free surfing after the formal lesson has finished. This includes use of the gear.
- I teach year round.
- Reserve your lessons today.
- Private one hour Surf Lesson - $75.00 per person (1-4 surfers)
- Private two hour Surf Lesson - $120.00 per person (1-4 surfers)
- Upon request my lessons can be customized to teach boogie boarding.
- Call, text, or book your lesson online today. My personal cell is (310) 467 6898.
Learn how to ride the wave of your life with the most experienced, permitted, and insured instructor in Los Angeles. I look forward to teaching you, your family and your friends how to surf.
(310) 467 6898
Click Here to Contact Me